Soft Shell Crab with Pastured Butter, Lemon, and Capers
2 fresh soft shelled crabs (cleaned and rinsed)
1/4 cups of cornstarch
2 ounces of pastured butter
Approx. 1 1/2 tablespoon of lemon juice (Half of the lemon)
2 tbsp. of dry vermouth
1 tbsp. brined capers (drained)
1. Clean the soft shelled crabs and toss in cornstarch.
2. In a 10 inch skillet melt the butter at a medium-low heat.
3. When butter is melted, add the soft shelled crabs face up, and saute for approx. 4 minutes.
4. Turn, and saute for another 3 minutes, or until it is done.
5. Salt the crabs immediately after you have taken them out of the pan.
6. Set aside the cooked crabs in a warm place.
7. Add the juice, dry vermouth, lemon, and capers to the skillet and bring to a boil. Cook until the sauce is fully incorporated. Pour over crabs.
I hope you will enjoy!
~ Eric Wadlund