Asian Style Alaskan Halibut in Parchment
1 Bok choy (thickly sliced) or 4 Baby Bok choy (ends trimmed)
1 Red bell pepper (thinly sliced lengthwise)
4 Alaskan halibut fillets (6-ounce)
½ tsp black pepper
3 Scallions (white and green parts), thinly sliced on a diagonal
1 Lemongrass, thinly sliced on a diagonal
½ Orange zest
3 tbsp of Soy sauce (low-sodium)
1 ½ tbsp Rice vinegar
1 ½ tsp Sesame oil
2 tsp Ginger root (grated)
1. Heat oven to 400° F. Cut four 15-inch squares of parchment paper.
2. Divide the Bok choy and Red bell pepper evenly among the squares, place the halibut fillets on top, sprinkle with black pepper, and top with the scallions, lemongrass, and orange zest.
3. In a small bowl, combine the Soy sauce, vinegar, oil, and ginger. Spoon the mixture evenly over the halibut.
4. Top each fillet with another square of parchment paper or foil and fold the edges over several times to seal. Bake for 15 minutes.
5. Transfer each packet to a plate. Serve with a knife to slit open the package. Be careful of the steam that will escape.
I hope you will all enjoy it.
~ Chef Eric Wadlund