Ingredients for the Corn
3 Ears of local sweet corn (husked)
2 ounces of Shredded coconut flakes, toasted
1 Scallion (slivered)
6 Bamboo skewers
Vegetable oil for brushing the grill
Ingredients for the Sauce
1 can of coconut cream
3 ounces of Sambal Oelek (Asian chili sauce)
½ ounce of Thai or any other basil (chopped)
2 ounces of Lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
1 tsp. of Salt
2 tsp. of Sugar
1. In a sauce pot, mix all sauce ingredients together, then bring to a simmer and cook over medium-low heat until sauce has slightly thickened.
2. While sauce is reducing, brush grill grates with vegetable oil and heat to medium-high.
*Lightly coat the corn with sauce before it hits the grill, as the sugar will help with caramelizing the corn.
3. Grill corn directly on the grates, turning occasionally until cooked through and lightly charred, about 10 minutes.
4. Remove corn from grill, place on bamboo skewers, and coat with more coconut sauce.
5. Spoon remaining sauce onto the serving plate and arrange corn over the sauce.
6. Garnish dish with toasted coconut flakes and sliced scallions.
I hope you will all enjoy it as much as I do
~ Chef Eric Wadlund